Initially intended for middle and higher school aged baseball players, summer traveling teams are currently providing opportunities for youngsters as young as 8 years of age. I’ve heard that in certain areas of the nation they’re offering traveling t-ball. These youth league teams traveling all over the nation like big leaguers so children still learning how to read, compose and finish basic mathematical computations could play with the travel team tryouts for the largest contest. Appears to be an excellent chance for children who love baseball, right? Not really. I feel that traveling baseball is out of control, and also the issues with traveling baseball for children under the age of 12 far outweigh its advantages.
Proponents of traveling baseball assert that playing games against the very best potential competition facilitates athletic improvement. It’s difficult to disagree with that. But, I recommend parents with children below the age of 12 to assess travel baseball having a more critical eye. In doing this, parents must ask these questions:
1) Is my son actually enjoying the very best conclusion, or is he playing mainly watered down teams from over-hyped tournaments?
2) Is your focus too much on winning rather than in my son’s athletic, social, and psychological development?
3) Is my son’s traveling program so rigorous that he has lost his capacity to be a child?
4) Is the strain connected with playing tournament contest age appropriate?
5) What are my son’s long terms goals regarding baseball and just how can engaging in traveling baseball match with these goals?
While I’d love to eliminate traveling baseball together from the 11-U youth club landscape, I know that traveling baseball is here to remain. With that being said, let me provide the following advice to parents:
* Don’t allow your son play traveling baseball till they have been 12 or more years old. If you think that it’s totally crucial to play with traveling baseball before age 12, locate a team that performs 30 games with minimum traveling.